First, in honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History month, we celebrate YOU.
Here’s to you women who are making a difference. To you who are always helping and lifting up others. To you who live life selflessly. To you who keep pushing through and never giving up. You are beautiful, strong, resilient, and powerful. You are so loved. You matter and here’s to you!!!
Now, it’s time to care for yourself so you can continue to make an impact in this world… We have put together 100 self-care ideas, as promised, from our last blog. We hope that you’d be able to integrate them into your life every day.
Remember, at least one practice a day can make a difference. Two can lift you up. Three can be transformational. 🙂
Enjoy! Let me know what you will do first for yourself.
Sending you light and love...
100 SELF CARE IDEAS
A hundred ways for you to love yourself and treat yourself like the queen that you are.
- Slow down. Do not let your productivity define who you are.
- Listen to music
- Connect with a friend
- Learn something new (for ex. Learn a new language or take cooking lesson)
- Hydrate. Drink more water
- Move your body. Stretch
Practice breathing exercises
For ex. Deep inhale, hold it for 3 counts, exhale and repeat 5 times
- Challenge yourself
- Read a book
- Write down your thoughts and feelings
- Make time to rest
- Go for a walk
- Write your top 3 goals
- Check in with yourself and see how you feel
- Celebrate the small wins
- Let go of what’s no longer serving you
- Spend time with your pets or other animals
- Buy yourself flowers
- Get some sunshine
- Light a candle *hint hint* ;)
- Get yourself a coloring book
- Listen to your body
- Spend time alone with yourself
- Learn how to create your boundaries
- Pause and take a breather
- Treat yourself, whatever will bring you joy in that moment.
- Take a warm bath
- Listen to a podcast or an audiobook.
- Make your own spa day at home
- Appreciate the little things
- Cozy up/spend time with loved ones
- Go for a drive
- Find a creative distraction. (For ex. Paint!)
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Take yourself on a solo date
- Go out and get some fresh air
- Talk to a therapist
- Eat nourishing foods
- Find something that inspires you
- Do what makes you smile
- DANCE! Like no one is watching.
- Bake some cookies or brownies.
- Watch a movie that makes you feel good
- Create your own sanctuary
- Sing along to a favorite song
- Declutter your space
- Take a nap
- Get your body realigned. See a chiropractor.
- Drink warm tea or hot cocoa
- Take time to remember how far you’ve come
- Wear something that makes you feel good
- Remind yourself this is only temporary
- Treat yourself to a homemade meal
- Have a chocolate. And enjoy every bite of it.
- Think of something that you’re grateful for
- SMILE (force it if you have to. 🙂)
- Brain dump and write any worries into a piece of paper
- Go to sleep early
- Buy yourself a plant
- Try your hand at gardening
- Create a “no-chores” day
- Get a massage
- Stay away from gossip and drama
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up
- PLAY. And feel like a little kid again.
- Disconnect from social media
- Sit in a parked car a little longer (and take deep breaths in your personal space)
- Walk barefoot on the grass
- Try other forms of aromatherapy (essential oils, incense, etc.)
- Go for a hike
- Set a date with a friend
- Allow yourself to cry
- Watch a guilty-pleasure show (ahem - K-drama!)
- Ask for help
- Learn a new hobby, like knitting or playing the piano
- Get your nails done
- Watch the sunrise/sunset
- Take a break from your phone
- Write a bucket list to look forward to
- Sit in silence
- Create skincare habits
- Sleep in -and stay in bed longer
- Get a haircut or get your hair styled
- Take inventory of personal care products you use for yourself and in your household. And exchange them with clean ingredients. (for ex. Skincare, lotion, hand soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Eat breakfast in bed
- Join a community/support group
- Get cozy in a blanket
- Create a morning routine
- Call a loved one
- Take a few extra minutes in the shower
- Set up a picnic in your backyard
- Unfollow/block people in social media who are a negative influence
- Buy that one thing you’ve been eyeing for awhile
- Practice daily positive affirmations (ex. “I am strong and I can do hard things.”)
- Go out at night and watch the stars
- Give yourself a mental health day
- Practice self-compassion. Be kind to yourself & give yourself grace.
- Sometimes self-care is as simple as closing your eyes and taking a deep breath.
- Sometimes self-care is as simple as saying ‘No”
Now, go on and choose one to practice today. And whatever you do, just make sure you're enjoying yourself. xo 🙂🤍